Friday, April 25, 2008

[quality]




Step One: Great Lighting




Quality is essential when you are looking for a doctor, car, even a photographer! It is the same with light. When you seek out quality light and use modifiers you can make a world of a difference in your final image. There should be very little need to enhance, sharpen, or color correct if it is done properly straight out of the camera. Even blemishes can look minimal if the lighting is just well... let's say YUM!




I love light. I love how it dances across my subjects and shows me the twinkle in their eye. (It's that spot next to their catch lights...usually caused by a reflector ;) ) and it tells us just how the feel of our session is going to be. Just for the record? I like feisty clients!! haha




I don't believe that using enhancements on images is what can make a bad situation better or improve light when there is none, but they are sure fun to play with on properly exposed images! I tend more often than not to just make sure my light is properly exposed and the lovely light (whether it is from soft box or God's own creation) does the rest. If it is properly set up and exposed, it will look radiant on the computer and on print.




When was the last time you looked for the light in your child's eyes? Do it! Do it today before it gets hot and you don't want to be outside! Do it in the restaurants next to a gorgeous window and see what I get to see. It's YUMMY!




Enjoy the light... I know I do!




No comments:

Labels