Tuesday, July 10, 2007

This is OUR town!





Ok.. these sweet babies are just stinking cute. We have a TON of wild horses where we live and you can see that they come right up to the fence line next to our very VERY busy highway. I braved the insane drivers to hop out and shoot these frisky fillies (and stallians!) on the way to my mother in law's house.


Every time we drive by and we see them, I NEVER remember my camera! This time I purposely went back to the house before we headed into town and as I was driving saw them in the rear view mirror. To my kids' credit they didn't groan when I turned the car around and cut out 30 minutes of swim time to get these shots. They aren't the best but when you park this close the fence they get a bit riled up! As soon as I stopped my van they spotted me and hopped around in warning. Pretty soon (sooner than I wanted) they decided they were done with me and my weirdness even if they weren't done with their grass! The one with the fence gives you an idea of how close I was to them. There is about 25-30 feet between me and the fence.

No comments:

Labels